We provide a teacher training course in Education for Sustainable Development. Our course is aimed at educators, faculty and program directors, and provide practical and interactive training in best practices for teaching sustainable development. The course material includes how to perform classroom activities in sustainability education, available online resources, and planning strategies for addressing sustainability through an education program.
Register for the next course: Pedagogical Methods for Integrating Sustainable Development in Education (course starts: 9 January 2019). The course is in English. To register for the corresponding course in Swedish, click here.
- Module 1: two full days (in Stockholm, Sweden) with interactive exercises and workshop seminars (9-10 January)
- Module 2: Classroom activities for teaching sustainable development (14 January – 15 February)
- Module 3: Practical training in performing classroom activities (18 February – 22 March)
- Module 4: Integrating sustainable development in education (25 March – 3 May)
- Module 5: Implementing sustainability education as a red thread through all education: planning, organisational challenges, and tools for continuing the process (6 May – 7 June)
- Module 6: two full days (in Stockholm, Sweden) when participants will present the results from activities performed during the course, to the course leaders and to their peers, with discussions and feedback (12-13 June)
Modules 1 and 6 will be physical meetings in Stockholm (Sweden), while Modules 2-5 are carried out as a distance course at the participants’ own institutions and with guidance from the course leaders. During the course, participants report their work and get feedback from the course leaders, both in written reports and at online meetings. Each module comprises five weeks. Expect a workload of an average of four hours per week.
The methods demonstrated during the course are based on modern educational concepts such as digital learning, blended learning, flipped-classroom, active learning and serious games. The course focuses on teaching tools for integrating sustainable development at the course and program level.
Together with your course colleagues you will be able to try a number of educational tools, both as a teacher and in the role of a student. During the course you will be given the opportunity to initiate a process of change at your institution, alternatively work on a concrete, reality-based case that simulates this.
Your own project work during the course is based on your work within teaching at your own institution (at course or program level, whichever is most relevant to you). You will receive personalized tutoring and feedback throughout the course.